Tuesday, June 13, 2006

It�s �Karachi Express� now: "Yash Raj is ready with KABUL EXPRESS. Now Junaid Memon, who made his directorial debut with a film called THE FILM, is working on his second film called KARACHI EXPRESS. �Let me clarify at the very outset. KARACHI EXPRESS has nothing to do with KABUL EXPRESS. Nor am I wanting to capitalize on similar sounding names,� Junaid tells me.

Please continue. �I�ve been working on the script of KARACHI EXPRESS since last two years. In fact, I had announced this title [KARACHI EXPRESS] on my website almost two years ago,� he states, adding in the same breath, �KARACHI EXPRESS is not about war.�

So what�s KARACHI EXPRESS all about? �The story is set after the 1971 Indo-Pak war and talks of friendship between the two nations. It tells the story of two different individuals -- one Indian, the other Pakistani. It looks at the Pakistani individual�s journey in India and vice-versa, the Indian individual�s journey in Pakistan,� he divulges.

Is Junaid planning to shoot in Pakistan? �Of course, yes! In fact, I am already talking to people in Pakistan. I am even planning to cast a number of Pakistani actors in the film,� he says. However, Junaid hasn�t finalized the two main protagonists of KARACHI EXPRESS. �I�d love to cast Saif Ali Khan and Abhishek Bachchan,� he reveals, �I have already met Saif, he has liked the concept, but nothing is on paper yet. As for Abhishek, I am planning to get in touch with him in a couple of days,� he discloses.

Junaid plans to begin filming KARACHI EXPRESS in October this year. A leading corporate house is backing the project, he adds. "

No comments: